When you're looking for a Real Estate Agent to help you negotiate the complexities of selling a home, you've come to the right place. Jody's experience, dedication and strong communication you'll receive here will help ensure the successful and profitable sale of your home.
Get Organized & Clean
- Pare down clutter and pack up the items that you are not currently using.
- Store items off-site if need be or put in the corner of the basement or a spot in the garage.
- Spruce up your landscaping, trim bushes.
- Check the sidewalks & driveway so there are no trip hazards.
- Check the outside of the house for peeling & chipping paint.
- Make sure that your address is visible.
- Take a look at the outside of the house and see if you need to paint.
- Make a folder and include warranties & user manuals for the furnace, hot water tank, roof or any of the appliances that will stay in the house.
Get Replacement Estimates
- Get replacement estimates for worn carpeting, painting or perhaps a new roof.
- The less expensive project to spruce your home up to sell is to paint. Fresh paint goes a long way.
- The estimates will help buyers determine if they can afford to buy the home. This will be helpful when negotiating.
Comparative Market Analysis
- The most important step is to have a current comparative market analysis. This will assist you in determining the value of your home is today’s market. The CMA will assist you in choosing the most effective asking price for your property.
- After reviewing the CMA and deciding on a competitive price to list your home. An approximate estimate of proceeds will be prepared so you will know how much money that you have to work with to purchase your next property.
- I will discuss financing alternatives for the buyer for your property. Whether it is conventional. FHA or Va buyers.
- I will share with you the long list of business owners in the loan industry, home inspectors, attorneys, contractors & movers, just in case that you need their services.
Staging and Home Enhancement
- We will walk through your Home room by room and develop a plan to enhance your property’s ability to attract interested buyers.
- Once your home is show ready professional photos & brochures will be ordered.
Listing Agreement & Property Disclosures
- Now it the time that we sit down and prepare & sign the property disclosures.
- We will present your written disclosure regarding the condition of your property. If the condition of the property changes you will need to disclose the changes.
- Illinois states that you disclose if the property has been tested for Radon.
- If your home is built before 1978 you will need to disclose if there is any know lead base paint.
Marketing Your Home
- Your property’s information will be entered into our Realtor MLS computer system. Realtor will add their prospective buyers into this program & provide a property search. Buyers in the MLS system looking in your area to buy a property will receive an email with your property’s information. Then they will be able to click on your home and set up a showing.
- Just Listed cards will be sent out to your surrounding area.
- Your property will be promoted to other Brokers
- Fridays your property will post on Face Book & twitter
- Your property will be marketed on 900+ websites.
To find out more about selling your home, click here